Birth Injury Lawyer and Why You Need One
When you have recently experienced a birth injury, or just discovered you have one, you have a lot of questions rushing through your mind and you want justice for yourself and your baby. You just went through 8 months of pregnancy and the worst has happened. Finding a birth injury lawyer that will help you find answers, bring you justice, and help you get the compensation you deserve to treat your birth injury should be at the forefront of your mind. With a limited time to file a birth injury lawsuit, finding the best birth injury lawyer for you may feel difficult. We at Safe Birth Project are here to help you make an informed decision about your birth injury lawyer and why your birth injury is important and should be pursued while you have the chance.
Common Questions About Finding a Birth Injury Lawyer
What is a Birth Injury Lawyer?
A Birth Injury Lawyer is a an attorney that specializes in helping women and their families seek justice and compensation after a traumatic birth injury. A birth injury can be an injury that happens to the baby or to the mother. When this kind of injury happens to a baby, your child may be looking at a lifetime of medical bills after the negligence of a single doctor. Seeking a birth injury lawyer in this case may feel easy for most people as it is your child that is dealing with the affects of a birth injury and the compensation for pursuing a birth injury case with a birth injury lawyer could easily pay for future medical bills and ensure a better life for them as they grow up. When a birth injury happens to a mother however, things are not always so easy. A birth injury can feel very personal when it happens to yourself and with so few people talking about how common a birth injury can be to a new mom it may feel like it’s just you or this birth injury is something you have to live with. If you are a new mom and you are suffering from a birth injury you might need help from a birth injury lawyer more than anyone. A birth injury can affect you for the rest of your life and a birth injury lawyer could be your way of escaping an embarrassing or painful form of medical malpractice. Contacting a birth injury lawyer helps you put your life back on track again. If you are in need of a birth injury lawyer near you, contacting the Safe Birth Project could help you to find a birth injury lawyer with experience working birth injury cases.
The short answer: A birth injury lawyer is someone who has experience and specializes in helping mothers, babies, and their families seek justice and compensation after experiences a traumatic birth injury.
What Kind of Cases Would a Birth Injury Lawyer Take?
A Birth injury lawyer would take a variety of birth injury cases from birth injuries to the baby such as cerebral palsy to birth injuries of the mother such as incontinence and prolapse. There are many forms of birth injuries that occur due to medical malpractice in the hospital and a birth injury lawyer can help you seek justice for a birth injury if it happens to you. When you contact the Safe Birth Project our team of on hand attorneys can help you to determine if your case falls under a birth injury and will help you find a birth injury lawyer near you.
Birth Injuries Common in Women a Birth Injury Lawyer could Pursue
- vaginal tears during birth
- post-natal depression (PND) and Post-natal Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- post-partum Haemorrhage (PPH)
- a ruptured uterus
- a prolapsed uterus.
- a stroke
Birth Injuries Common in Babies a Birth Injury Lawyer could Pursue
- Caput succedaneum
- Bruising or forceps marks
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage
- Facial paralysis
- Brachial plexus / Cerebral palsy / Erb’s palsy
- Fractures (caused by forceps)
Where Can I Find a Birth Injury Lawyer?
Although many local attorneys may be able to help with your birth injury case, finding a birth injury lawyer with years of experience with a birth injury lawsuit may be your best bet. Many people shy away from seeking justice for their birth injury by contacting a birth injury lawyer until too many years have passed to file a lawsuit. Finding the best birth injury lawyer for your birth injury case will always be in your best interest after a traumatic birth. The Safe Birth Project is committed to giving the best resources to new parents and preventing birth injury in as many cases as we can. Because of our mission we know many experienced birth injury lawyer that know exactly how to handle a birth injury case quickly and with respect to the mother, her baby, and her family. If you are in need of finding a birth injury lawyer near you contacting the Safe Birth Project can get you in touch with our database of expert birth injury lawyer waiting to help you get the compensation that you deserve after being the victim of a birth injury.
What can I do to find the best birth injury lawyer for me?
- Contact the Safe Birth Project to find a birth injury lawyer near you
- Find a local lawyer in your area that handles birth injury law
- Get a word of mouth recommendation from a friend about a birth injury lawyer
What Can a Birth Injury Lawyer do to Help My Baby & Me?
A birth injury lawyer can help your baby and you seek justice and gain compensation after experiencing a traumatic birth injury. Seeking justice with a birth injury lawyer will not only help you to make your case known to the doctor or doctors that caused your birth injury but can help to prevent a future birth injury happening to another woman and her child. Seeking compensation will help you to gain the funds that you will need to help yourself or your baby to recover from injuries done to you and sometimes that compensation can help your child as they grow up with a condition like cerebral palsy. Finding a birth injury lawyer that will work best for you and your family is essential and it’s important to act quickly as there is a statute of limitations on a birth injury case. The Safe Birth Project works to match families who have been affected by a devastating birth injury with the birth injury lawyer that will the best for that family and their case. If you have experienced a birth injury or are not sure if you have experienced a birth injury, contacting a representative with the Safe Birth Project can help bring you peace of mind and help you to analyze your case and match you with a birth injury lawyer near you.
Is a Birth Injury Lawyer Expensive?
Many local attorneys that also handle birth injury cases may range dramatically on costs. Sometimes there can be a large upfront cost before you even make it to trial. Not all birth injuries lawyer charge upfront or even after unless you have won your birth injury case. The Safe Birth Project knows that the average birth in America is very expensive already and trying to go through a lawsuit on top of all that makes people more likely to live with their injuries. The Safe Birth Project does not want women to suffer in silence but to make a change, not only for themselves but for all American women who have been suffering from an easily preventable birth injury. In America we see the most birth injuries out of any developed nation and we pay more money in medical costs than others as well. We, at Safe Birth Project, want to put a stop to birth injuries across the nation and have partnered with only birth injury lawyer that practice on a contingency basis. This means that the birth injury lawyer that we recommend do not get paid until you do.
A birth and medical costs are expensive enough, don’t pay for a birth injury lawyer unless you win.
The birth injury lawyer that we work with have made names for themselves working cases like yours and will not charge upfront fees for their services. They will only charge after you have successful won your case.
How to Find a Birth Injury Law Firm?
- Beginning Your Search for a Birth Injury Lawyer
- When you begin your search for a birth injury lawyer you may start at your local attorney’s office or searching online for a birth injury lawyer. No matter where your search begins make sure that your birth injury lawyer works on a a contingency basis so that you are not paying for a service before knowing if your case will make it in court. It is also important that you learn about the cases that the birth injury lawyer has handled in the past. Many law firms handle few birth injury cases and may not have the experience of one that specializes in handling a case like yours. If you need to contact a birth injury lawyer immediately or need a recommendation of a birth injury lawyer near you, contacting a Safe Birth Project representative could help you to get the resources you need to go forward.
- Meeting a Birth Injury Lawyer
- Once you have identified a birth injury lawyer that you feel is appropriate for your case, your next step is to meet them. You want to work with a birth injury lawyer that will be very detail oriented on your birth injury case because even the smallest details may determine how your birth injury lawsuit goes over in court. Make sure that you are also as detail oriented as you feel comfortable being. Make sure that you details about the hospital, your medical records, images, and any eye witness accounts that you are able to retrieve. Having a lot of information going in helps to reduce the time of an investigative process and keeps everyone informed of all of the details of your birth injury case.
- Making a Decision on a Birth Injury Lawyer
- When you make your final decision on a birth injury lawyer make sure that it is the one that makes you feel the most comfortable. At the end of the day the best decision is the one that you make in the best interest of your or your child’s case. Finding the best mix of knowledge and charisma is generally the best combination in a birth injury lawyer.
- Make a Follow-up Meeting with a Birth Injury Lawyer
- Once you have made your decision on your preferred birth injury lawyer make sure to have a follow-up meeting with them about your birth injury case. Making sure that your birth injury lawyer is very familiar with your case and you have developed a course of action for your case is very important as you move forward with your birth injury lawsuit.
If you are in need of a birth injury lawyer to handle your birth injury case or just need to talk about the birth injury that you or your child has experienced contact the Safe Birth Project and speak with a representative.